What are the differences between magnesium flakes vs epsom salts?
As people become more health-conscious, they seek natural ways to improve their well-being. One of the most popular ways is through the use of products such as Lavender Epsom Salts, Eucalyptus Bath Salts and Magnesium Bath Flakes.
These comparable products have become a staple in the wellness industry, and it is not hard to see why. In this article, we will compare the differences between magnesium flakes vs Epsom salts and highlight the benefits of each.
What are the differences between magnesium bath flakes vs epsom salts?
Epsom salt, scientifically known as magnesium sulfate, has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for various health conditions.
Magnesium flakes, on the other hand, are made up of magnesium chloride, a compound that is easily absorbed by the body. One of the significant differences between these two products is the type of magnesium they contain.
This difference means that magnesium flakes have a higher concentration of magnesium, making them more useful for recovery and sleep.
Magnesium chloride is also absorbed more easily into the body than magnesium sulfate, which means that the benefits of magnesium flakes are felt more quickly than those of Epsom salt.
Benefits of Epsom salts
Epsom salt is a natural mineral compound that contains magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. It has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for various health conditions. Here are some benefits of Epsom salts:
1. Soothes sore muscles: Epsom salts are known to relieve sore muscles and reduce inflammation. A warm bath with Epsom salts can help to relax muscles, reduce pain and stiffness, and improve circulation.
2. Reduces stress: Epsom salts are known to have a calming effect on the body. Taking a bath with Epsom salts can help to reduce stress and anxiety, promoting a sense of relaxation and well-being.
3. Improves skin health: Epsom salts have anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe and heal skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
4. Improve sleep quality: Epsom salts can help to relieve induce relaxation & overall sleep markers which are necessary for sleep.
Magnesium bath flakes benefits
Magnesium flakes are made up of magnesium chloride, a compound that is easily absorbed by the body. Here are some benefits of magnesium flakes:
1. Promotes relaxation: Magnesium flakes are known to have a calming effect on the body. Taking a bath with magnesium flakes can help to reduce stress and promote relaxation, which can lead to improved sleep.
2. Relieves muscle pain: Magnesium flakes are effective in reducing muscle pain and stiffness. A warm bath with magnesium flakes can help to relax muscles and reduce inflammation, promoting faster recovery after a workout.
3. Improves sleep quality: Magnesium flakes can help to improve sleep quality by reducing stress and promoting relaxation. Improved sleep quality can lead to better overall health and well-being.
Can you use soap after an Epsom salt bath?
It is safe to use soap after an Epsom salt bath, but it is not recommended to use soap while in an epsom salt or magnesium flake bath. This is because soap can change the chemistry of the water, reducing the effectiveness of the minerals in the bath.
However, you can use soap on your skin in a separate bath or shower after you’ve had your epsom or magnesium bath. If you would like to use soap while in an epsom salt bath or magnesium flake bath, it is best to use an epsom salt soap.
In conclusion, both Epsom salts and magnesium flakes have their unique benefits for health and well-being. While Epsom salts have been around for centuries and are known for their muscle-soothing properties, magnesium flakes have a higher concentration of magnesium and are easily absorbed by the body.
Epsom salts are great for reducing stress, improving skin health, and relieving some forms of constipation. On the other hand, magnesium flakes are effective in reducing muscle pain, promoting relaxation, and improving sleep quality.
Whether you choose to use Epsom salts or magnesium flakes in your bath, you can rest assured that you are doing something good for you & your body.